CELEBRATING the very best of the emirate’s homeware offering, Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) has announced the inaugural Dubai Home Festival (DHF) will run from April 18 to May 1 and give interiors fans the perfect opportunity to shop. Showcasing Dubai as the hub of homeware in the Middle East, the citywide event will feature an array of unmissable home furnishing sales, exclusive promotions, events and life-changing chances to win an apartment throughout the festival. To kick off the first edition of Dubai Home Festival, Danube will be a key strategic partner.
From interiors inspiration to design deals, there will be a host of global and homegrown brands on display, as well as a range of exciting in-mall activations and opportunities to snap up homeware collections as part of the exciting DHF Reveals program. A key element of the festival, shoppers will also have the opportunity to take part in a series of interesting workshops and masterclasses hosted by design experts to help finesse their furnishing style and create the ultimate decorative pieces.
Ahmed Al Khaja, CEO of Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), said: “Dubai has a rich history in hosting must-visit festivals that attract tourists from across the world, including the flagship Dubai Shopping Festival and Dubai Summer Surprises, and we are now incredibly proud to be unveiling the very first Dubai Home Festival. We’ve seen significant growth in Dubai’s homeware industry and together with our strategic retail partners, we are excited to shine a spotlight on this flourishing sector to give consumers the opportunity to enjoy unbeatable sales, promotions and events in this space. Along with fashion, jewellery and beauty, homeware represents a strong retail segment for Dubai and the introduction of the inaugural Dubai Home Festival will further enhance Dubai’s position as a leading shopping destination. We look forward to a great first edition of the festival and will monitor consumer feedback from residents and tourists closely to ensure this becomes another festival highlight in Dubai’s innovative Retail Calendar program.”
Key activities taking place during the first edition of Dubai Home Festival:
• The DHF Sale will run throughout the festival period and will see many homeware retailers offer 25 to 75 percent off all homeware, appliances and home accessories products
• DHF Friday Surprise will take place on April 19 and 26 April and will give bargain-hunters the chance to bag an incredible offer on an exclusive product range at a specified shopping location, time and outlet each week. Details of the eagerly-anticipated deals will only be revealed 24 hours beforehand, so shoppers are urged to monitor the website and social channels to make sure they don’t miss out
• DHF Reveals will see much-loved homeware brands launch an exciting new collection especially for Dubai Home Festival. Details of the limited-edition range will only be announced on social media.
• Shoppers will have a very special chance to win a fully-furnished studio apartment in Starz by Danube this DHF. The innovative apartments are fitted with contemporary, modular furniture and feature the very best European technology allowing people to transform the furniture to suit their needs. Shoppers simply need to spend AED 500 in participating home stores to be entered into the draw to win.
• The Dubai Mall is rewarding shoppers with double Skywards Miles on all purchases over AED 100 in participating homeware and electronic stores. Visitors who also spend over AED 25,000 during DHF will receive an overnight stay for two at the luxurious five-star Address Hotel in Dubai. Both offers run until 30 April
• Ibn Battuta Mall will be giving three customers who spend AED 250 at any in-mall homeware store the opportunity to win AED 30,000 in gift vouchers each to spend at Homes R Us, plus one MG6 car.
• Consumers who spend AED 20,000 at Interiors during Dubai Home Festival will be entered into a raffle with the chance to win a series of life-changing prizes, including a full bedroom makeover. The store will also be running a 30 to 50 per cent offer on selected products
• Linen-lovers could head to MUJI stores at The Beach, The Dubai Mall and City Centre Mirdif starting 18 April as the quirky brand will be offering AED 25 off selected linen items on purchases of AED 100 and above
• Villeroy & Boch will be offering AED 50 off the final bill on purchases of AED 200 and above
• Kicking off Dubai Home Festival, residents and tourists can watch a stunning firework display at Dubai Festival City Mall on 18April at 8:30pm
• Visitors to Home Centre at Mall of the Emirates can take part in a number of exclusive masterclasses throughout DHF. The free-to-attend sessions will be hosted daily by a selection of chefs and interior designers, who will be educating shoppers with top tips for the home and kitchen
• Dubai Institute of Design and Innovation (DIDI) will be hosting a Young Designers Exhibition at Mall of the Emirates, showcasing an array of creative work projects from its students
• IKEA will host an exclusive fashion show from 6pm on April 24. A series of local artists have come together to design a collection of outfits using materials from a number of IKEA’s products, including fabrics, tables and even lamp shades. The catwalk will be followed by the brand’s very own Design Talk, which will discuss IKEA’s stance on sustainability in the home. Throughout DHF, IKEA will also be putting on numerous activities for kids.
• Crate and Barrel will host two free-to-attend masterclasses giving furnishing fanatics tips on how to brighten up their home during the upcoming holidays. The first session will take place at Mall of the Emirates on April 19 and the second at City Centre Mirdif on April 20. Crate and Barrel will also host two Ramadan workshops preparing consumers for entertaining during the holy month, offering tips on what to cook and how to ensure the home is looking its best. The first event is at Mall of the Emirates on April 26 and the second is at City Centre Mirdif on April 27.
• Robinsons at Dubai Festival City Mall will put on an exclusive Ramadan table top workshop on 24 April to help customers learn how to create the perfect table setting to dazzle family and friends. — SG